The Amazing Tent Company is the leading UK supplier of SaddleSpan structures, setting the highest standards in all aspects of temporary structure installation and spear-heading Best Practice in the industry.
As part of our company’s quest to “raise the bar” MUTA membership demonstrates our long term committment to raising standards and continued professional development.
MUTA is the trade association for the UK temporary structures and technical textiles industries, representing suppliers and manufacturers of textile products used in sectors as diverse as marquees, healthcare, aerospace and bouncy castles. The Association runs the health and safety accreditation schemes MUTAmarq, for hirers of marquees and temporary structures, and PIPA, for inflatable play equipment.
The Marquee Hire section is the largest section, comprising marquee hire companies of all sizes located around the country. They supply frame marquees, traditional pole tents, tipis and a variety of other innovative temporary structures. MUTA was established in 1919 as “The Canvas Goods and Made Up Textiles Association”. It became the Made-Up Textiles Association after the Second World War and was renamed the Performance Textiles Association (Pertexa for short) in 2004. 2008 saw the Association move to a new secretariat in London and in 2009 the name changed to the widely recognised acronym MUTA.
- To consolidate MUTA’s position as the “voice” of the industry
- To promote the creation and implementation of appropriate standards and regulations
- To promote best practice within industry and to the public at large
- To showcase members’ products, services and achievements
- To facilitate networking and cooperation within the industry and its immediate constituency
- To be an information source for members and the public at large
- To employ the collective buying power of the membership to secure advantageous terms