Holding a high-end event isn’t easy. Yor guests will have certain expectations, and there will be no chance of the event being a success – or running the event again next year – if these expectations aren’t met.
A black tie gala is the perfect kind of event for all kinds of different occasions, including:
- Corporate events
- Christmas parties
- Landmark birthdays, anniversaries and weddings
- Film premieres
- Product launches
- Charity auctions
Planning a black tie event – how to pull it off
To plan a fabulous, sophisticated evening and meet all of your guests’ high standards, follow these handy tips:
- Get your venue sorted first. For a luxurious black tie event, you need space and lots of it to create the right atmosphere for the evening. An event tent is the ideal venue, giving you oodles of space for everything from dinner tables to dance floors. You can put a large marquee like this practically anywhere, and you can also dress and decorate it the way you want.
- Decide how strict you’re going to be with the dress code. So that everyone is clear on what to wear (and what not to wear on the night), decide in plenty of time how formal you would like the dress code to be. You could go for black tie, or perhaps white tie, which is slightly more formal. Whatever you choose, make sure you give your guests plenty of guidance on your invitations.
- Choose a theme or colour scheme for the décor. Your event may have ‘black tie’ as a kind of theme, but you’re going to need something else to go on when it comes to decorating. You should choose a colour palette to use, or go for a theme. For example, black, white and red could be your colour scheme, or ‘Hollywood glamour’ could be your theme. Whatever theme you go for, try not to go over the top or it could look too kitsch – go for small touches just to bring the look of the event together.
- Pay attention to every detail. From the décor and the furnishings in your event tent to the food, drink, music and facilities – make sure you take care with every single detail of your event. This is what turns an event into a high-end occasion, and your guests will appreciate the effort.
- Greet your guests with a drink, and send them away with a goody bag. These ‘extras’ are what make an event really special, simply because they make your guests feel special! If the budget will allow it, welcome your guests with a glass of bubbly and put together a small goody bag for them to take away at the end of the night.
- Don’t skimp! Unfortunately, you can’t really hold a luxury event on a very tight budget, unless you’re exceedingly clever at sourcing some bargains or calling in favours. Your guests will be able to tell if you cut corners, which cheapens what is supposed to be a lavish, opulent affair.